If you are looking for ways to ramp up your marketing strategies, leveraging social media is the best way to go. But how? And which platform should you use? In this article, we will be sharing steps and tips on how to use the famous Snapchat for your business.
P.S. Want to get more following on Snapchat? You can now purchase real Snapchat followers to grow your account fast!
Table of Contents
What is Snapchat?
Snapchat is a mobile app that allows users to send temporary and seconds-long images or videos to other users. You can also send messages, but it will become inaccessible after it has been opened.
Before deciding on using Snapchat, make sure that the audience that you want to capture fits the description of the mobile app’s users. So, if your target market is mostly Generation Z, you are on the right track since their age group uses Snapchat the most. On the other hand, if you have a much older following, using other platforms may be better suited for you.
Set Up your Snapchat
Before fully utilizing the app’s features, you first have to set up and learn the basics of how to use it. Here is what you can do:
Sign up for a Snapchat Account
First, download the Snapchat app and follow the instructions that are displayed to create an account. Remember, this can only be done using a mobile device as Snapchat is a mobile-only platform.
After signing up, the screen will default to your phone’s back camera. Here you can turn the flash on and off, search nearby snaps, and go to your profile.
To take a snap, click the circular button at the bottom, and to record a video, simply hold the said button. You can decide how long the photo will last (from one to 10 seconds) once you send it to a friend. You can also edit the photo or video by inputting text, emojis, links, and even draw on it.
Once you are done editing your Snap, you can choose who gets to see it or you can just add it to your Snapstory (we will get to this later!)
Customize your Snapchat profile
Each profile comes with your own bitmoji that you can customize and username. You can view your profile by clicking the ghost or bitmoji on the left-hand corner of the default screen. You can also see your Snapchat score here, the total number of Snaps you have sent and received.
The yellow square on your profile is actually a generated QR code. This can be used to add another user by focusing your Snapchat camera on their code without searching or typing out their name.
Add to your Snapchat story
Every snap photo or video can be added and a compilation of it is called your Snapchat story. Here, you can see who and how many users view your story.
Using the Snapchat story is a great way to promote your business by showing pictures of your products and how you generally work. Potential customers can view your stories and give them an idea about your company.
Different ways to advertise on Snapchat
There are four main methods to advertise on Snapchat: Snap ads, sponsored lenses, sponsored geofilters, and dynamic ads.
- Snap ads
Like a regular Snap, Snap ads are 10-second, vertical, full-screen videos that can be interactive, like having a “Swipe up!” feature to lead the user to a different link outside of the app. You may also use audio which will automatically play as long as their sound is on. The ad should give information about your company and the products and/or services that you offer.
- Sponsored lenses
Lenses make use of special facial recognition technology which allows users to use different filters that can be superimposed to their face or background. From digital effects, animations, to graphics, it can be placed on top of the user’s real-life image.
- Sponsored geofilters
Sponsored geofilters are similar to lenses, but has the aspect of the location to it. It is overlaid on a Snap that is only available for a specific area and for a specific amount of time. You can use this especially if you have multiple branches to your business with specific geofilters for every store.
- Dynamic ads
This is a fairly new method to advertise on Snapchat. Dynamic ads are personalized ads for each potential customer depending on their engagement with your website or app.
More Snapchat tips!
After laying down the basics of the app, we have listed a few tips so that you can use Snapchat to your business’ advantage.
- Do not forget to let your customers know that you’re on Snapchat! On your website or other social media platforms, you can promote your Snapchat by giving your username or uploading your snapcode for easier adding.
- Consistently upload content. You should not let your business be forgotten by not uploading content. Using the app regularly and uploading quick snaps and videos is the best way for your brand to stay relevant to your audience’s screens.
- Give your audience a glimpse of how your business goes by providing a sneak peek or an exclusive look at your day-to-day operations that can only be seen on Snapchat.
- Engage with other users. Constant interactions with other users on the app will help spread the word about your business. Utilize the messaging feature and answer any message that you get. You can send photos or video snaps too!
- Maximize the different advertisement methods on the app. You can sponsor an ad, create a special lens, and even layout special geofilters. This will not only show your company’s creativity but also promote the products and services that you offer. It will also increase your brand’s awareness and bring in more potential customers.
- Use Snapchat Insights well. Snapchat Insights is the website’s built-in analytics tool where you can see who views your content, what content is doing well, and what more you can do with your Snapchat ads. Take note though that only accounts with large followings may have access to this feature.
With the growing popularity of Snapchat, it would be a wise decision for your business to invest in it while it is hot. Just make sure that you follow the steps and tips above and you are all set!