LinkedIn is one of the best places to get views for your content by the perfect people. Unlike Facebook, audience on LinkedIn is focuses on professional networking and career development. It is a professional platform for any user to portray his best business side. But how views come from the people we are targeting? Here is where the algorithm comes in.
First, we should know what an algorithm is. The algorithm is simply a set of instructions used to perform a specific task in a finite number of steps. Every website works on an algorithm. It arranges and performs tasks for a post and makes it viewable in the feed of audiences that have an interest in that particular post. There are many different ways of developing an algorithm. The designers of a particular site create the algorithm according to their needs.
Now, let’s discuss how the LinkedIn algorithm works. The main goal of the LinkedIn algorithm is to set the priority of content and engage people towards it. Just like Facebook and other social media platforms, the LinkedIn algorithm also prioritizes the content that is relevant and most likely to find by the user.
How LinkedIn algorithm works when the user makes a post?
When a user makes a post, the number of views is directly related to the user’s reputation and connections. How the viewers have considered your content before and the fact that is relevant to them. Here are some stages that will make the understanding of the algorithm easy.
- After a post, LinkedIn checks if the post is a spam or of low quality. If the content of the post is good to go, then it goes into feed temporarily.
- Now when the post is available in the feed, the algorithm checks whether the people are liking it or not. There are two ways people will react to the post. The viewers will like or comment on the post that makes the post good to go further. Or the people will report it and hide it, this will penalize the account of the publisher.
- Next, the algorithm will decide if the post is good enough to keep it in the feed for a few days. It will check for spams and the network to which the post is associated with. According to the result of this stage, LinkedIn will keep or remove your post from the feed after 2 or 3 days. After that, it is up to the connections and network to keep it in their feed or not.
- At this stage, the reviewers come in. They will review your post and this will determine if the post is worth keeping in the feed or not. If the post is engaging the viewers, then the post will keep showing up as long as the post is engaging the crowd, it will remain in the feed.
These were the basic algorithm techniques that LinkedIn uses to filter a post and the user’s network. Depending on the spam or likeness of the post, it will determine the life of the post in the feed. It describes the relationship with the connections and filters the rank of the post to show up in friends’ feed.
How to Keep the Post in Feed for a Few Days?
The real question that arises is how can a company or user keep their post in the feed for days. How can they pass all the filters of the LinkedIn algorithm and market their product without any problem? Here are some solutions to the question that are gathered from companies and users that know the working of the algorithm almost perfectly.
1.The Post Should be Relevant
To be relevant to the matter, the user needs to understand the audience correctly. What does the audience like, what are their interests and what keeps them engaging? To get a better understanding of the audience the user should read their opinions and reviews. To keep the audience engaged in the post, images and videos should be added, which increases the chances of getting more views.
2. Draw Attention of the Crowd
The number of views depends on how the crowd takes your post. Drawing attention helps in engaging the people and getting to know them better. It will allow the user in the future to target their interest. There are many ways through which you can use to promote your post and draw the attention of the crowd.
- Post pictures and videos
- Tag companies and higher officials
- Use proper hashtags
- Share the post
Quick TIp: Want to get active users to share your posts on LinkedIn? You can now purchase real LinkedIn Shares from Market Sentinel to get your content shared throughout this social media platform.
3. The Right Time to Post on LinkedIn
This is one of the most under-rated things that most people forget. When making a post, the user should be sure that most of his audience is online. It is time that everyone checks his account. It will help the post to get more likes and shares. If the users are not even online when the post is made, then it will not even get a chance of getting views. This is the reason most of the companies post at an appropriate office time when most of the users are online. So, the post will not just get views but promotion will also get easy.
Further Reading: 9 Powerful LinkedIn Marketing Tips That You Can Implement Today
Wrapping it up
Reading the algorithm of any web page is never easy. It requires skills and concentration. Assumptions of the algorithms can be easily made but only when the assumptions are common between the people. It is likely that people not understand the algorithm. LinkedIn is widely used around the globe. Fortunately, people understand the working of its algorithm. Now, most of the users know how to beat the LinkedIn algorithm and get on top of trending posts.
The algorithm that filters a post before including it in the feed involves stages. In these stages, the post’s authenticity and engagement are checked. If the post surpasses these stages, then it enters the feed. After that, reviewers come in and rate the post according to its originality and it decides if the post should remain in the feed or not.
These multiple filter stages are the basic algorithm of checking spam. Furthermore, the people can now beat the algorithm and stay in feed for months and all of this is possible if they follow a certain set of rules. These techniques will allow you to share your content with the world and engage with the community you are interested in. Just be regular in making the post and review your analytics so that you can know the interest of the circle around you.
- How to Rank Higher on LinkedIn - April 6, 2021
- How to Add Flair on Reddit - February 23, 2021
- How to Use Snapchat For Your Business - January 22, 2021